Wednesday, April 27, 2011

The Stars, the moon, they have all been blown out

With the recent purchase of Bonnaroo tickets, I have been trying to listen to every band of interest on the set-list. One artist that I have been enjoying lately is Florence + The Machine and her album "Lungs," which has been a revelation.

Generally I don't even listen to female artists. It's not a sexist thing, I just don't enjoy the vast majority of it with a few exceptions (Janis Joplin, Lady Gaga, Regina Spektor, etc). This is one of those exceptions.

Many people will recognize her hit song "Dog Days Are Over," from various movies and alternative venues, but it's the songs "Cosmic Love," "Between Two Lungs," and "Rabbit Heart (Raise It Up)" that really stand out.

Check it out for yourself and enjoy.

-Not very optimistic for the Penguins tonight in game 7. Then again, I could be pleasantly surprised. Either way I'm proud of them for making it this far, win or lose, without their marquee players.

-New Years resolution to start dressing like an adult has been a great success thus far. Getting a real job was a great excuse to better my wardrobe towards those ends as well.

-Paid vacation Bonnaroo? Yes, please.

-Roku box proving worthy of my money with streaming NHL playoffs, especially with the Hockey Night In Canada broadcasts. A breath of fresh air from VS and NBC. Also entertaining to watch foreign news broadcasts and funky movies.



No comments:

Post a Comment