Thursday, March 31, 2011

Johnny lived a good life, you'll hear them say

Today's song of the day is brought to you by the artist 'City and Colour,' and is titled Body in a Box. For those interested - the entire album is available on amazon.com for only 3 bucks. Definitely worth a listen. Also, super easy to play on the guitar, but I broke two of my favorite pics strumming along to it for about an hour...



-For continued listening check out the song 'Sleeping Sickness'. If it sounds familiar, that is because CBC made an NHL playoff montage from it during the Pen's Stanley cup run in '09. Be warned -- if you are a fan of these types of videos this can become addicting.




-Finished the book 'Better than Sex, Confessions of a Political Junkie,' and I'll post a full review tomorrow. Suffice to say, it made me yearn for the 90's even though I was still putting my shirts on backwards and learning to tie my shoes during the span in which it was written. Still, I like my generation thankyaverymuch Tom Brokaw.

-Next book up on the docket to read is entitled, 'The Social Animal,' and should be an interesting change from my bookshelf. Rather than try and explain it, just read the synopsis on amazon.

-Big playoff preview vs. Tampa Bay tonight for the Pens. For some reason they don't worry me at all as a team. They just don't have all the pieces together to compete, and don't match up well against the penguins. Especially if Crosby decides to come back for the first round. If they make it out of the first round unscathed, Matt Cooke will be a welcome asset to the PK which has been less than stellar as of late in his absence.

-Buy the ticket, take the ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment