Monday, February 1, 2010

Initial Thoughts: House of Leaves

I finished the book "House of Leaves" last night, and I couldn't quite put my finger on my thoughts about it. It was brilliantly written, and a great idea, no doubts about that. It would be feeble to try and describe the plot, however, since there are so many things going on.
At the core of the book there are two almost parallel storyline that appear to be related in more than a few ways. I'd like to call the book a horror novel, but even that seems to be pigeon-holing it more than it needs to be. It seems as though some people who have read it were complaining there was no ending, or something grand that would tie up all the lose ends, but honestly, those are the people to lazy to do their research.
In essence, that's the type of book this is; something meant to challenge people and make them think rather than be satisfied by what is told with their naked eyes.
I will have to revisit this book at some point or another to get a better idea of it's result.

1 comment:

  1. you & susan have both recommended this. i am going to have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete